We all know that deep fried food is not good, for us and our kids, yet we never stop stocking up frozen French fries and Smileys in our freezers. I was a self confessed French fries addict, I used to store everything unhealthy in my freezer only until I learnt to make Baked Potato wedges at home.
Crunchchchy outside, Smoooothy inside, what can replace French fries in a more healthy way, if not this?. Also that, It takes very less time to make this delicious snack, no marination, no strict measurements, I enjoy making sorry baking them too.
This can also be quick snack for an unexpected guest. This can also replace your conventional ‘Potato fry’ you love with your Sambar rice or Curd rice. This can also play a perfect sidekick with your favorite Pasta at dinner… With so many ‘This can also be’s like these, this dish has already become an all time favorite for our family.
So, what are we waiting for, lets go bake it..
Serves : 4
Prep Time : 10 mins
Baking Time : 20 to 25 mins
Potatoes – 300 gms
Garlic, crushed – 1/2 tea spoon
Fresh ground pepper – 1 tea spoon
Oregano – 1 tea spoon
Olive oil – 2 tea spoons
Salt to taste
Butter to grease
- Preheat Oven in conventional mode to 220 degrees.
- Wash and cut the potatoes into wedges.
- Put the potatoes in a mixing bowl. Add Salt, ground pepper, crushed garlic, Oregano and Olive oil (or butter) and mix them well.
- Grease the baking tray and spread the potatoes.
- Once the oven is ready, keep the tray in and bake it for 20 to 25 mins. The crunchy yummy wedges are ready to be served.
- Serve it with any sauce or dip of your choice.
- If you are in a mood for spicy wedges, add chilly flakes along with other spices.
- You can avoid Oregano if you don’t like that flavor. You’ll get a little different version of it.
- Top it with Cheese, if you have a cheese lover at home.
Happy baking!!! Take care!!!