‘Love’ doesn’t need a day to be celebrated. But, when you get one, you wanna make it large, don’t you?
This Valentine’s day, how about you present your heart on plate? in the shape of a cake? The secret is, you do not have to spend as much as you did for previous Valentine’s days. Also, you do not have to plan as much as you did the previous years to make it special. This Red Velvet cake is a pure luxury, in affordable and easily available ingredients. So, Lets make it Large this year.
Red Velvet cake is really unique. Thanks to the age old secret blend of Vinegar and buttermilk, which gives the cake an ultra soft texture and wonderful flavor. As far as I know, no other cake can wok well for Valentine’s day this perfect.
And, not to mention the irresistible Cream Cheese Frosting, which is again damn easy to make. The proportion I give you here makes thick frosting. Perfect for Chocolate cake, Carrot cake Oreo cake etc.
I’m not a big expert in cake making. I am yet to practice decorating cakes. You can see, I have just spread the frosting all over, not so even. From this, the point to be noted is, this cake can be a sure hit, even if you are a beginner baker. So, with no further delay, lets get to know the recipe.
This recipe makes an 9″-2″cake.
- All purpose Flour/Maida – 1 1/4 Cup
- Castor Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Baking power – 1/2 Table spoon
- Coco Powder – 1 Table Spoon
- Egg – 1 Large
- Cooking Oil (Preferably sunflower oil) – 3/4 Cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tea spoon
- Vinegar – 1/2 Table spoon
- Red food color – 1 or 2 Table spoon. (as thick you like)
- Butter milk – 3/4 cup
For Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Cream Cheese – 1 cup
- Butter – 1 cup
- Icing Sugar – 1 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tea spoon
- All the ingredients should be in room temperature.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients (Flour, Coco power, castor sugar and baking powder) and keep it aside.
- In a large bowl, break the egg and add Cooking oil and Vanilla essence. Beat well until the mixture becomes fluffy.
- Add Vinegar and beat.
- Add half of the butter milk and beat.Add half the portion of dry ingredients mix and beat in low speed.
- Add the remaining buttermilk, and then the remaining flour mix. Beat them all in a low speed.
- Grease the cake pan and pour the cake mix. Even the top by giving it several shakes.
- Bake for 30 to 35 mins based on your oven. Check with a tooth pick to see if the cake is cooked well (The toothpick should come out clean).
- Let the cake cool for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, you can make the frosting ready. Beat the cream cheese an butter together in high speed for 2 ore more minutes. This may look tough in the beginning. As they blend together the mix should go smooth.
- Add Vanilla Essence and beat. Add the Icing sugar in two portions and beat in low speed. (You do not want to become an ice idol, do you? 😉 )
- Once the cake is cool, scrap the edges with a knife and take out the cake from the pan by putting it upside down.
- Spread the icing all over. This icing is really thick you can do the decorations you wish. Just play with it. 🙂
This Red Velvet Cake can be the feast, the poem, the gift, all in one for the Valentine’s day.
Happy Valentine’s day!!! Take Care!!!