- A new born baby’s eyes do not produce tears until the baby is approximately six to eight weeks old.
- Babies that are 4 to 6 months old naturally know how to swim. This instinct disappears after that and they need to be retaught.
- Babies can recognize their mother’s voice and smell right after they are born.
- Pregnant women often experience sickness because their sense of smell dramatically increase in order to protect the baby from potentially poisonous food.
- A new mother loses an average of 2 hours sleep a night, that is 730 hours in the first year, equivalent to 92 * 8 hour nights.
- Mothers who exclusively breastfeed can burn as many as 600 calories a day, which can help them get back to their pre-pregnancy weight.